When it comes to providing care for Vermont's high-needs adult psychiatric patients, the Brattleboro Retreat's Adult Intensive Unit (AIU) offers the finest in 21st-century design and safety.
Opened in April, 2013, the Retreat's Adult Intensive Program is a 14-bed, secure unit that offers acutely ill patients a level of advanced psychiatric inpatient care that's unsurpassed in the nation.
What to Expect
- single bedrooms
- 9600 square feet of total space
- adult low stimulation area (ALSA)
- custom-engineered windows, doors, flooring, and fixtures to ensure a beautiful and safe environment of care
- large and small group activity rooms
- internet access
- a private dining area
- a visitor's room
- access to a secure outdoor courtyard designed on the model of an English garden
- panoramic views of the Retreat campus and Retreat Meadows.
The overarching goal of the Adult Intensive Program is to support patients in living independently while making local services and resources more readily available.