About working at the Brattleboro Retreat
The Brattleboro Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are treated equally without regard to age, race, color, creed, sexual preference, national origin, handicap or disability, except where there are bona fide occupational considerations.
Nurses who practice in psychiatric settings are a special breed!
And that's why nurses at the Brattleboro Retreat play a crucial role in the care and healing of patients suffering from a wide range of psychiatric and addictive disorders.
Whether you're involved in the care of children, adolescents, or adults, as a nurse at the Brattleboro Retreat you will be:
- encouraged to work side-by-side with physicians and other members of the clinical team.
- guided by the highest standards of professional practice in the field of psychiatric nursing.
- empowered to make decisions about patient care.
Our RN compensation package is second to none in the region. It includes:
- Highly competitive pay
- Robust benefits (starting at 24 hours/week) including, health, dental, vision, and life insurance plus relocation reimbursement and generous time off to ensure great work/life balance.
Excellent Career Opportunities at Many Levels of Care
Do You Have a Passion for Helping People in Need?
The desire to help people who are experiencing significant challenges with mental health and addictive disorders is an important part of being a mental health worker at the Brattleboro Retreat.
So is a college degree in psychology, humans services, or a related field. In short, you're a caring, patient person who is also:
- physically healthy
- able to be firm when you have to be.
What do Mental Health Workers Do?
Mental health workers at the Brattleboro Retreat help meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults who have been hospitalized for mental health and addiction issues. For example, you will:
- provide direct supervision and patient support
- engage patients in therapeutic activities
- organize and run group programs.
The Brattleboro Retreat has a rich history of providing high-quality psychiatric care--a history that dates back to our founding in 1834. We've been helping people lead better lives for a long time, and as the 21st century unfolds we look forward to continuing in our role as leaders in the field.
Will You Join Us?
Our staff of psychiatrists is among the largest and most experienced in the nation. We're team players who recognize that each member of our medical staff brings a unique set of clinical skills and interests to their practice.
Because our inpatient and outpatient clinical programs are designed to meet the needs of patients at every stage of life--from childhood, to adolescence, and on through adulthood--we have more opportunities to match physician candidates with positions that fit a variety of career paths and interests.
As a leading employer in the area, we offer:
- Competitive salaries and excellent shift differentials
- Retirement Savings Plan - Tax Deferred Annuity 403(b); employer contribution and employer match
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Term Life & Whole Life Insurance
- Generous Earned Time and Leave Policies
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
- 529 College Savings Plan
- On-site Child Care Center
- On-site Fitness Center
Nestled in scenic southern Vermont, the town of Brattleboro is a regional center for commerce, finance, and technology offering an extraordinary variety of indoor and outdoor activities, arts, dining and entertainment.
The campus of the Brattleboro Retreat is just minutes away from our vibrant, cosmopolitan downtown filled with retail and boutique stores, restaurants, art galleries and more.