In accordance with Act 53 of 2003, the Brattleboro Retreat is required to report certain measures of quality and performance and to make them publicly available. The Vermont statute specifies three types of reporting that must be included in a hospital's annual community report: Hospital Quality Measures, Financial Data, and Public Participation and Strategic Planning. This report provides information outlined in those three broad categories. To view this information, click on any of the topics below:
1. Hospital Quality Measures
This includes information on quality of care, patient safety, hospital-acquired infections, and nurse staffing. Please follow this link.
2. Finances & Budget
- Click on the following link for budget information and information on the Retreat's financial health.
- Click on the following link to learn about the Retreat's financial assistance programs (FAP), eligibility criteria and how to apply.
- Click on the following link for information about 2022 standard charges for services and medications (NOTE: scroll down to the last item on the page).
Patient Perceptions of Care
- See results from a 2022 Hospital Survey of how patients rated their experiences during recent inpatient stays.
3. Public Participation & Strategic Planning
This includes information about the hospital's:
- 2021- 2024 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2022 CHNA Implementation Plan/Progress Report
- Strategic Initiatives 2023
- Complaint process
- Annual Report 2023