In accordance with Act 53 of 2003, the Brattleboro Retreat is required to report certain measures of quality and performance and to make them publicly available. The Vermont statute specifies three types of reporting that must be included in a hospital's annual community report: Hospital Quality Measures, Financial Data, and Public Participation and Strategic Planning. This report provides information outlined in those three broad categories. To view this information, click on any of the topics below:
Hospital Quality Measures
This includes information on quality of care, patient safety, hospital-acquired infections, and nurse staffing. Please follow this link.
Follow this link for information on financial health, financial assistance programs, budget information, and information about pricing and charges.
Patient Perceptions of Care
- See results from a 2017 Hospital Survey of how patients rated their experiences during recent inpatient stays.
Public Participation & Strategic Planning
This includes information about the hospital's:
- Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- 2019-2021 Community Health Implementation Plan
- 2018 Community Health Needs Assessment Implementation Progress Report
- Strategic Plan/Strategic Initiatives, and opportunities for public participation
- Complaint process