Staff members in Outreach & Education are responsible for areas including marketing, internal and external publications, electronic communications (including the Brattleboro Retreat website) media/press relations, and internal communications with the Retreat’s staff of more than 850 employees.
- Outreach & Education is located in the Brattleboro Retreat’s administration building on Anna Marsh Lane, P.O. Box 803, Brattleboro, Vermont, 05302.
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- The department can be reached during regular business hours by calling 802-258-6132.
- For media assistance after hours, on holidays or on weekends, please call the Brattleboro Retreat’s main number at 802-258-3737 and ask to have the administrator-on-call paged.
Overview of services:
We provide care for adults, adolescents and children through the following services:
- inpatient hospitalization
- traditional outpatient counseling
- residential (children and adolescents only)
- partial hospitalization
- intensive outpatient
- On-campus, Vermont-approved K-12 school.
Key breakdowns (inpatient):
- Children's Inpatient: 12-bed unit
- Adolescent Inpatient: 22-bed unit
- Adult Inpatient (General Psychiatry): 24-bed unit
- Adult Inpatient (Co-occurring Disorders): 23-bed unit
- LGBT Adult Inpatient Program: 15-bed unit
- Vermont State Hospital Adult Inpatient Replacement: 14-bed unit
Key breakdowns (residential and partial hospital):
- Partial Hospital (adult): 30 patients with dormatory option
- Residential (children and adolescents): 30 beds
- Uniformed Service Program (adult partial hospital): 16 patients with option for overnight accommodations.
- Founded in 1834
- More than 5500 people served in 2011 (includes inpatient, outpatient, residential and school programs)
- Currently licensed for 149 inpatient beds (currently carrying 111 inpatient beds)
- More than 670 total staff
- Inpatient admissions in 2011 = 2,987
- Acute psychiatric inpatient days in 2011 = 28,961 (3.6 percent increase over 2010)
- Total outpatient (ambulatory) visits in 2011 = 30,129.
Vermont’s Hospital for Children:
The Retreat is the only Vermont hospital that treats children and adolescents with mental health and substance abuse issues. We provide a full continuum of services from outpatient, school programming, partial hospital, residential and inpatient care. Fifty-eight percent of the children and adolescents we serve come from all Vermont counties.
- October 7, 2019, Brattleboro Retreat Appoints Gaurav Chawla, MD, CPE, as Chief Medical Officer
- June 18, 2019, Bombas Giving Program Donates 1500 Pairs of Socks to Retreat Patients in Need.
- March 26, 2019, Retreat's Employee Wellness Program Recognized by State of Vermont
- November 1, 2018, New Contract Boost RN Wages at Brattleboro Retreat Amid Nursing Shortage
- September 18, 2018, Tom Huebner Joins Retreat Board of Trustees
- October 3, 2017, Justin Johnson Joins Retreat Board of Trustees
- July 14, 2017, Nichols Named Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Brattleboro Retreat
- October 6, 2017, Brattleboro Retreat appoints new head of nursing Meghan Baston
- March 7, 2016, Brattleboro Retreat Ranked 12th Largest Mental Health Provider in U.S.