Who we are
The Mulberry Bush Independent School is an on-site, private, not-for-profit early learning center operated by the Brattleboro Retreat. We serve approximately fifty children between the ages of eight weeks to six years. We also offer afterschool programs for young people up to the age of twelve as well as summer programs for children ages 6—12.
Our educational philosophy is based on the use of responsive classroom techniques, outdoor curriculum, and positive behavior supports. We believe in providing children with developmentally appropriate social, emotional, and academic learning opportunities in an intentional learning environment. We offer an individualized curriculum to enhance each child’s chance to develop the skills necessary for school readiness and to have a lifelong love of learning.
We strive to meet all of your child’s needs: physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. We want parents and guardians to feel great about leaving their children in our programs. With this in mind, we have created the best policies possible to foster a safe, positive environment for children, and to enhance their growth and learning.
The Mulberry Bush Independent School has six programming options for your child, each designed to meet your daughter or son’s learning needs and to give parents choices to meet their family’s needs. Our six options are:
- Infant Toddler Classrooms: We have an infant/young toddler and older toddler (two year olds) classroom.
- Preschool Classroom: Our preschool classroom consists of children three to young fours.
- Pre-kindergarten Classroom: Our Pre-K classroom includes children ages 4-6.
- Preschool and Pre-kindergarten After Care Program: This program runs from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm and follows the Mulberry Bush calendar.
- School Age After Care Program: This program is designed for Retreat families and Mulberry Bush graduates to provide high-quality after school care for children ages 6 to 12.
- Preschool and Pre-k Summer Program: We have five two-week sessions that parents can sign their children up for during the summer months. Ages 3—6.
- School Age Summer Program: We have five two-week sessions that parents can sign their children up for during the summer months. Ages 6—12.
Drop Off & Pick Up
It is important that parents drop off and pick up their children at the times they have requested on their enrollment form and parent contract. Staffing at the center is set up to cover only these hours.
Tori Kelliher, Manager, Mulberry Bush Independent School, 802-258-4350