This report provides data about the Brattleboro Retreat’s quality of care, patient safety, hospital-acquired infections, nurse staffing, patient perceptions of care, and pricing and financial health. In addition, it provides information about the hospital’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance, and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
QUALITY OF CARE INFORMATION
Screening and Assessment
- Admission Screening is an important tool to develop appropriate treatment for patients. Careful Screening for Violence Risk is critical to safety of patients and their treatment. A higher rate indicates that the hospital adheres to standard practice of care.
- Assessment of the Patient Experiencing Pain is the cornerstone to optimal pain management. A higher rate indicates the hospital understands the importance of pain reduction, which can result in well-being of patients.
- Treatment Planning - The patient’s treatment plan serves as a guide for the hospitalization. In order for treatment to be well-coordinated and effective, the initial treatment plan should be developed within 24 hours of admission.
- Discharge Planning/ Post-Discharge Continuing Care Plans - In order to provide optimum care, next level of care providers need to know details of precipitating events immediately preceding hospital admission, the patient’s treatment course during hospitalization, discharge medications and next level of care recommendations.
- Provides information on infections that might occur while the patient is in the hospital
NURSE STAFFING INFORMATION
PATIENT PERCEPTIONS OF CARE
FINANCIAL AND PRICING INFORMATION
This section provides information on the Brattleboro Retreat’s:
- Budget summary
- Financials and benchmarks
- Cost shift
- Hospital spending
- Top 25 inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and their hospital charges.
The Brattleboro Retreat’s Discount and Free Care Policy
All Vermont Community Hospitals
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE BRATTLEBORO RETREAT
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES ON HOSPITAL QUALITY INFORMATION
Prior Years’ Report Cards for the Brattleboro Retreat
Current Report Cards for other Vermont Hospitals
Prior Years’ Report Cards (2014-2015) for other Vermont Hospitals
Vermont Department of Health Hospital Report Card Website