This report provides data about the Brattleboro Retreat’s quality of care, nurse staffing, patient perceptions of care, pricing, and financial health. In addition, it provides information about the hospital’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
Quality of Care Information
- Patient Safety – Patient Falls, Physical Restraint, Seclusion, and Multiple Antipsychotic Medications
- Care Planning – Treatment and Discharge Planning, Post-Discharge Continuing Care Plans
- Methadone Treatment – Physical Exams and Lab Results for Methadone Treatment
- Infection Rates – Rates of Hospital-acquired Infections (HAI)
Nurse Staffing Information
See information about nursing care hours per patient day
Patient Perceptions of Care
See results from a hospital survey of how our patients rated their experiences during recent inpatient stays.
Financial and Pricing Information
- Budget summary
- Financial information and benchmarks
- Cost shift information
- Capital expenditure information
- Hospital count and charges for high volume inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures
See the Brattleboro Retreat's Financial and Pricing Information
See the Brattleboro Retreat’s Discount and Free Care Policy
All Vermont Community Hospitals
Find Financial and Pricing Information for all Vermont community hospitals.
Find Discount and Free Care Policies for all Vermont community hospitals.
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Initiatives
Read about the quality improvement projects undertaken in 2013 to make patient care safer and more effective.
Read about strategic initiatives to meet health care needs in our community and opportunities for public participation in strategic planning.
Read about hospital governance, including our public meeting schedule and contact information.
Filing a Complaint
Read information about the hospital complaint process.
Additional Quality Information
See Prior Years' Report Cards for the Brattleboro Retreat
See Current Report Cards for other Vermont Hospitals
See Prior Years' Report Cards for other Vermont Hospitals
Vermont Department of Health 2014 Hospital Report Card Website