The Brattleboro Retreat obtains approvals for most mental health disciplines as well as for nurses and physicians. Continuing education credits (or CE Credit hours) for full-day programs are as follows:
Social Workers: The Brattleboro Retreat, provider #1139, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The Brattleboro Retreat maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: October 10, 2013 - October 10, 2016. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Professionals: The Brattleboro Retreat is a National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Providor (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours that meet NBCC requirements. The Brattleboro Retreat is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. LCMHCs participating in one-day courses will receive 6 continuing education clock hours.
Drug and Alcohol Counselors: The Brattleboro Retreat, provider #629, is an approved education provider of the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC). Attendees earn 6 continuing education credits for each one-day course completed.
Marriage and Family Therapists: 6 CE contact hours through the Vermont Board of Allied Mental Health Practitioners.
- Physicians: The Brattleboro Retreat designates these conferences for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Psychologists: 6 CE credit hours. The Brattleboro Retreat is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Brattleboro Retreat maintains responsibility for this program an its contents.
- Nurses: 6 ANCC contact hours. The Brattleboro Retreat is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Teacher re-certification: 6 credit hours approval based on submission to state licensure board as part of Professional Development Plan.
Policy Regarding Replacement CEU Certificates:
- The Brattleboro Retreat will charge a $10 administrative fee (each) for duplicate copies of lost or misplaced CEU certificates.
- All requests for duplicate certificates must be made in writing and accompanied by a check or money order made out to The Brattleboro Retreat.
- Requests must include a clearly written return address, and should be mailed to:
Office of Continuing Education
Anna Marsh Lane
P.O. Box 803
Brattleboro, VT 05302