Overview of services:
We provide care for adults, adolescents and children through the following services:
- inpatient hospitalization
- traditional outpatient counseling
- residential (children and adolescents only)
- partial hospitalization
- intensive outpatient
- On-campus, Vermont-approved K-12 school.
Key breakdowns (inpatient):
- Children's Inpatient: 12-bed unit
- Adolescent Inpatient: 22-bed unit
- Adult Inpatient (General Psychiatry): 24-bed unit
- Adult Inpatient (Co-occurring Disorders): 23-bed unit
- LGBT Adult Inpatient Program: 15-bed unit
- Vermont State Hospital Adult Inpatient Replacement: 15-bed unit
Key breakdowns (residential and partial hospital):
- Partial Hospital (adult): 30 patients with dormatory option
- Residential (children and adolescents): 30 beds
- Uniformed Service Program (adult partial hospital): 16 patients with option for overnight accommodations.
- Founded in 1834
- More than 5500 people served in 2011 (includes inpatient, outpatient, residential and school programs)
- Currently licensed for 149 inpatient beds (currently carrying 111 inpatient beds)
- More than 670 total staff
- Inpatient admissions in 2011 = 2,987
- Acute psychiatric inpatient days in 2011 = 28,961 (3.6 percent increase over 2010)
- Total outpatient (ambulatory) visits in 2011 = 30,129.
Vermont’s Hospital for Children
The Retreat is the only Vermont hospital that treats children and adolescents with mental health and substance abuse issues. We provide a full continuum of services from outpatient, school programming, partial hospital, residential and inpatient care. Fifty-eight percent of the children and adolescents we serve come from all Vermont counties.